2. DO consider bold subheads to provide highlights that will be easy for your readers to skim.
3. DO focus on a just a few things that happened in the past year, such as your move to a new home and a summer trip.
4. Which brings us to: DO avoid a laundry list of nearly everything that happened to your family in the past year.
5. But if you feel you must, DO try to limit your list to one event for each month, which can be a charming theme for your letter.
6. DO be positive. If you must share sad news, be matter-of-fact and brief.
7. DO avoid bragging (remarkable as your children and pets are!)
8. DO read the letter aloud to yourself. Does it sound natural?
9. DO add a brief handwritten message to each letter. The personal touch makes all the difference.
10. DO close with warmest wishes for a joyous holiday season and a wonderful new year!